For my final project I aim to take pictures of items associated with witchcraft and combine them with portrait images of my sources.
For this week’s before and after task I have experimented with setting up an image of a crystal and shooting in raw.
Firstly, I set up the shoot by creating a background. I used white tissue paper and ensured I was near natural lighting. I then took the images on my iPhone, using ProShot. I feel by shooting in raw I was able to get more fine detail within the crystal. However, I did find it challenging to get the right white balance, I overcame this by adjusting my settings to auto.
I then edited my image using Snapseed. I explored with increasing exposure, highlights and saturation to make the purple pop. I then decreased the shadows and increased the contrast as I did not want to loose the black border of the crystal.
I then used the lens blur feature to blur out the background and put more focus on the subject. I also used the heeling tool to get rid of a tiny hair I noticed on the crystal.
If I were to do this again I would go even further with the saturation to make it extremely purple. I would also have liked to take the images outside in full natural lighting to see how much detail could be exposed within the crystal.
You must be logged in to post a comment.